Group therapy provides a safe, nurturing environment for individuals to share their current life struggles and receive encouragement, support, and feedback from other group members. The purpose of group therapy is to assist each individual in emotional growth and personal problem-solving by utilizing the power of the group process. Frequently, group members vicariously learn coping skills and gain self-awareness. Group members often serve as a great source of acceptance and support for one another. Group therapy also has the advantage of being less expensive, since the therapy costs are shared among group members.
Therapy on the Square is offering the following groups:
- Boys Social Skills Groups
- Girls Social Skills Groups
- Step-Parenting Support Group
- Premarital Counseling Group
- Parenting Groups (Child Parent Relationship Training Group or Filial)
- Women’s Support Group