Anna Howard, MS, NCC, LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor
National Certified Counselor
Anna is a Licensed Professional Counselor and National Certified Counselor. Anna earned her Master of Science degree in Counseling from Southern Methodist University. Anna’s education and experience includes working with pre-adolescents/adolescents, parents, couples, and adults at SMU’s Center for Family Counseling. Anna also has experience working in partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs, where she worked as the lead therapist with at-risk adolescents and their families, seeking counseling and support for a wide range of concerns such as depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation, self-harm, and trauma. Anna is also trained in eye-movement desensitization reprocessing (EMDR) for teens and adults with trauma. Anna works with clients of all ages and is currently working towards becoming a Registered Play Therapist.
Anna’s approach to counseling is focused on helping clients find meaning and purpose in their lives, to cultivate authenticity, and live with integrity. Anna’s role as the therapist is to help facilitate introspection and work as a “fellow traveler” by providing a warm environment and responding with compassion to assist her clients with unlocking their innate ability to be resilient. Anna believes everyone deserves to have someone in their corner and sees the opportunity to hold space for her clients as a gift and privilege.
In her spare time, Anna enjoys being in nature, listening to live music, and spending quality time with her friends and family.
Custom presentations available upon request.
- Teens, Self-Harm, and the Quest for Inner Peace
- Shining Light on Shadows: Understanding Teen Depression
- Invisible Battles: Navigating Teen Depression and the Risk of Suicide
- From Prevention to Intervention: Understanding Levels of Mental Healthcare
Licensing and Education
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- National Certified Counselor
- M.S. Counseling, Southern Methodist University
- B.A. Psychology Texas A&M
Associations & Organizations
- American Counseling Association
- Texas Association for Play Therapy
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Activity Therapy
- Child-Parent Relationship Therapy
- Relationship Issues
- Self Harm
- Suicide Ideation