Family members are each unique and possess differing viewpoints, needs and wants. Differences can lead to difficulties and conflict within families. Family therapy focuses on the family as a unit or system and not just individual members. A therapist can help a family work towards healthier relationships and facilitate improved communication so that all members feel valued, understood and accepted. If any of the following apply to you, family services may be beneficial.
- Has communication within your home become ineffective or bitter?
- Have family relationships become difficult, distant or uncomfortable?
- Does your family spend more time fighting than enjoying each other?
- Do efforts to connect result in arguments?
- Do your family members avoid each other?
- Is your family dealing with a major life event such as moving, changing jobs, loss of a loved one, divorce, etc?