Sydney Brooks, M.S., NCC Licensed Professional Counselor Associate supervised by Ardis Lo, MS, LPC-S
Licensed Professional Counselor – Associate
National Certified Counselor
Sydney is a Licensed Professional Counselor Associate under the supervision of Ardis Lo. Sydney earned her Master of Science in Counseling at Southern Methodist University where she specialized in play therapy, activity therapy, family play therapy and group therapy.
While at the SMU Center for Family Counseling, Sydney worked with children, adolescents, parents and groups on a range of concerns including anxiety, impulse control and emotional regulation. Sydney has also worked with children, adolescents, adults, parents and groups at the Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County. These individuals experienced a traumatic event and presented with a wide range of concerns including self-esteem issues, anxiety, depression, impulse control difficulties, emotional regulation, boundaries, childhood trauma and relationship issues.
Sydney believes each person’s unique life experiences influence how they interact with their world and how they handle adversity. Sydney strives to walk alongside her clients to meet them where they are at while they strive to grow into the most authentic version of themselves. Her goal is to provide a safe, accepting and supportive relationship for her clients so that they feel comfortable enough to explore and overcome life’s challenges.
In her spare time, Sydney enjoys traveling, iced coffee, cycling and spending quality time with her friends and family.
Custom presentations available upon request.
- Trauma and the Developing Brain
- Boundaries: When Life’s Demands Are Too Demanding
- Discipline and the Child-Parent Relationship
- Childhood Trauma: Healing From Your History
- Anxiety and ADHD: What’s the Difference
- Emotional Regulation: Finding Calm in the Chaos
Licensing & Education
- Licensed Professional Counselor Associate
- National Certified Counselor
- S. Counseling, Southern Methodist University
- S. Psychology, Texas A&M University
Associations & Organizations
- American Counseling Association
- Trauma and Sexual Abuse
- Relationship Issues